Sunday, September 21, 2008

Mana Road

I've not written for a while, but wanted to post some pictures from a trip up Mana road with my roommates from two weeks ago :)



We took the jeep down the dirt road that runs from Waimea to Hilo along Mauna Kea's North-eastern side. We got out of the truck several times - once to hike up the slopes and moo at the cows in the pasture.

The second stop, after opening and closing a gate behind us was to hike up a volcanic canyon. I startled a wild pig who was sleeping. She screeched and ran up the mountain slope. I was about four feet from her bower. I was glad it wasn't a boar with an appetite.

The drive was magical and the sunset was beautiful.









4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michael;

These are the most lovely photographs of Hawaii I've ever seen. I cannot wait to come see you next Spring!!

sabonnster

Anonymous said...

That really is beautiful. I wouldn't be posting on a blog either with all that around.

Robin Tucker

RyanAZ said...

Man, Mike. You really are a man of many talents. Love the photos.

RyanAZ said...

Brian "Duke" says hi. He just saw facebook and blogger for the first time 30 seconds ago. He will have forgotten by the time he gets back to his desk.