Friday, January 15, 2010

Irony and Re-incarnation...

The subtitle to "The zen you find on top of mountains is the zen you bring up there", and my subtext "... but choosing a good mountain helps" is ultimately ironic. I had chosen the volcanic mountain of Hawaii, but it turned out the mountain I was really seeking was that of Colorado. Perhaps my life will consist of traveling between mountains - if for no other reason than to change my point of view.

My family mentioned that they felt disappointed that I had stopped blogging since I had moved to Colorado. I realized that I had no answer for why this was. A friend stated "The moment you stopped blogging was the moment I knew that you were happy". In that startling and incisive insight she revealed the reality of what this blog had largely consisted of: a venue for online therapy and the communication of the angst associated with the pursuit of a destiny for myself which began when I set foot on the islands of Hawaii.

When I moved to Colorado the quest had ended and with it my reason for writing. To my family and friends: I am happy. I love where I live. I love what I'm doing. Thank you for concerns, your best wishes, and support. I am so grateful to all you've given to support me on my journey through my dark time of confusion and uncertainty.

As the old intention passes into the void, my new intention for this blog is for it to reincarnate as a journal of my insights into the nature of the Five Elements, as part of the fulfillment of my studies.

Namaste

1 comment:

Rajmund Dabrowski said...

As for me, I pressed "pause" on my blog. Different people have encouraged me to continue. I may. I have a selection of images defining my journey into our diverse world. All of this is pushing me to see more. Your "new" blog is encouraging me to push my own borders. I guess a moment of Zen for me is connected to Argentina I visited in December. It is formulated in this saying: "Don't just do something, sit there."