Sunday, March 28, 2010

02/08/10 – Warm at the Core

As I stepped into the sunlight after many days of being inside I felt myself pause. I closed my eyes, raised my head, expand my chest and breathed in a huge breath warm afternoon air. I stood there, basking, glowing, and expanding in the radiant sun. As a smile and warmth spread across my face and my whole being, the whirling of my mind slowed down and I noticed how all life gravitates towards the sun. The trees reach for it. People gather in places in the middle of the equator where it is warm so that they can celebrate and dance in worship. The South is the direction of brilliance and sunlight and of ever-present warmth. The fluid magma at the center of the earth provides fluid warmth from the inside out without condition. It warms our planet, and is at the heart of our mother Earth. It is this core that gives our planet gravity, the attraction and pull of all things that ‘matter’ towards the center. When the Fire element is burning within us people are attracted to us and gravitate to us much like all the planets that orbit the sun gravitate to its awesome and unconditional warmth. We have the same inner sun inside us, and we too have a personal gravity that has friends and family orbiting us, much as we orbit around those who give us warmth and love in return. We bask in their glow; we open up and warm to them as we brim with joy.

What would happen if our internal suns in our hearts, the sun at the heart of our earth, and the sun at the heart of our galaxy were to burn out? Think about it. Feel it.

What happens when a cloud moves over our heart, or over the sun? Think about it. Feel it.

That feeling is the feeling that accompanies the Fire Constitution who lives in a constant nightmare of the possibility that the sun in their life is about to burn out.

No comments: