Friday, October 29, 2010

9/10/2010 – Whispers of the Earth…

I’m at a lake near my home looking out at the mountains. The time is 6:50 and the sun is starting to set. It will soon crest behind the top of the mountain. There is a lukewarm breeze blowing, and the rays of the sun are warm. The leaves chatter in the tree next to me and the grass hoppers spin out their rhythms – slowly turning thoughts over and over and over. I feel the mildness of the weather – how comfortable it is, as I lay down on the bench. After the heat of the summer – this is pure comfort. It is this comfort that is reminiscent of the Earth element’s all embracing care for all. It provides just whatever you need. I love late summer.

As I dictate this into my phone I notice my voice has grown slower, calmer, contented with a singing quality to it – “there, there small child, I will give you what you need, as it is my nature to give myself to you”.

No comments: